We provide a workspace logic that allows creating a separate workspace for each of your users where they can store and manage document templates. A new workspace is automatically created whenever you make API requests with a new workspace identifier.
An API and template editor to create PDF documents
Don’t worry about the document generation layer in your software – we will handle it.
Users can edit and manage document templates
Allow your users to edit document templates
You can embed the document template editor into your application to allow your users to modify their own PDF templates. It is possible to display the editor in a new window/tab or in an iframe.
Powerful Expression language
You can write mathematical and logical expressions to manipulate and customize values displayed in components. Use ternary, arithmetic, bitwise and comparison operators, functions to sum, join and iterate arrays.
Share document templates with your users
You can set up default document templates that can be used as base templates by your users. Whenever they modify a default PDF template a new copy is saved to their workspace.
A wide range of smart components
You can use different components like Text, Table and Barcode and define the formatting for number and date values. It is possible to group, filter and sort lists and tables without a need to modify the data set on the software application side.
Merge PDF template and data via API
Powerful Web API to merge templates with data from your software. Just send the template identifier and JSON data to generate PDF.
Data Security, backed by best practises
We are commited to keep your data safe and we follow the best practices known to us to achieve this goal. We do not save the data used for document generation and in order to comply with data securiity standards like GDPR, we enable you to choose the location where your data is being processed. Read more about our security principles here.
Convert HTML to PDF
Leverage our scalable html to pdf conversion functionality in order to focus all your development time on your core functionality. Building a html to pdf converter is not hard but why waste the time? In addition to that, there are a number of solutions available on the market, but not all of them are capable of generating pdf documents at scale. Learn more about our solution here.
We understand that sometimes you cannot use a third party for security and privacy reasons. For these occasions, we provide an on-premises deployment, so you can have full control over security, privacy and deployment. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide a separate deployment that only serves your application without any monthly limits (fair usage) and you can use your sub-domain and custom editor theme. The service can be deployed either in our US or Europe AWS infrastructure. Please contact us for more information at email@example.com.
Some additional nice features
- Documents follow the PDF/A-3b (ISO 19005-3) and PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1:2008) standards.
- Use fonts which support Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese and Latin characters.
- Apply compression and font subsetting to reduce the document size.
- Use a collection of templates to generate a single document.
- Create multi-page templates with automatic header and footer.
- Apply conditional clauses to hide or style components to create dynamic areas on your documents.
- Create fillable PDF documents by enabling the editable option for Text and Checkbox/Radio components.
- Use our Zapier app to link PDF Generator API with your software without any coding.
- Iterate over deeply nested data sets using Container and Table components.
- Easily export and import templates between workspaces.
Read more on what makes us unique and how we stand out from our competitors.